Today I decided to help myself along the way by playing a little word association. Many times as writers we find ourselves with more excuses than opportunities to write.
… And like with anything in life, when the inspiration seems hidden, we find it. So I decided to use a little word association to help. The word I chose was ASTONISH… I started looking for different ways to put variations of that word in sentences.
- the little girl’s singing was astonishing
- i was amazed by the depth of her voice
- there is a beauty that can’t be denied from her talents
- she will surprise people in the future
- who can believe this bundle of talent
and on and on I went. The day is coming to an end and my writing is still undone but I learnt a valuable lesson today…